Realtek HD audio, can't get any sound output what so ever.

Clayolol

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014
So as the title states, I can't seem to get any audio ouput out of my current rig.
I have an Asus Motherboard,
Link to motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131837
And I have a sound card as well.
I plug my hyper x Cloud Headset into the back panel on the computer rig and RealTek AudioManager alerts me that something has been plugged in. So atleast it's recognizing the existence of the headset, right?
I'm sorry I can't be of more assistance as I genuinely don't know what to look for when it comes to audio related problems.

JKatwyopc

Distinguished
Are you plugging the headset into the sound card or in to the motherboard? Most likely, your sound output is going through the sound card and not through the Realtek HD Audio Device on your motherboard. Right Click on the Audio Icon in your system tray and select Playback Devices. In the window that opens click the Speakers(Realtek High Definition Audio Device) and set that as the default device. You should be able to hear Audio to your head set now. Or you could just plug in to the headphone output of your sound card(if it has one).

Clayolol

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014
I'm plugging it into the motherboard output audio back panel.
I've even tried to take the soundcard out and still no audio.
Speakers are set as default and all that jazz, but nothing.
Would you suggest maybe purchasing a new soundcard?