Question Realtek HD Audio Manager/ROG SupremeFX Combining Headphones and Speakers

ChapyYxx

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2014
I recently upgraded my rig, including a new ASUS ROG Strix board. With that of course came new audio drivers etc. Since the upgrade, the audio manager (shows up as Realtek, launches ROG SupremeFX, assuming it's the same), after plugging in my headphones to the front panel, let's me select that they are headphones. However, both in SupremeFX and in Windows audio manager, they show up as speakers. Then, when I plug my speakers into the rear i/o of the board, it lets me select that they are speakers, but for some reason the speakers and headphones combine into one device that I can not split. Anything coming through one comes through the other. Even Windows doesn't detect a second device, probably because Realtek is making them as one, and the device shows up in windows as "Realtek High Definition Audio."

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

May 2, 2019
I recently upgraded my rig, including a new ASUS ROG Strix board. With that of course came new audio drivers etc. Since the upgrade, the audio manager (shows up as Realtek, launches ROG SupremeFX, assuming it's the same), after plugging in my headphones to the front panel, let's me select that they are headphones. However, both in SupremeFX and in Windows audio manager, they show up as speakers. Then, when I plug my speakers into the rear i/o of the board, it lets me select that they are speakers, but for some reason the speakers and headphones combine into one device that I can not split. Anything coming through one comes through the other. Even Windows doesn't detect a second device, probably because Realtek is making them as one, and the device shows up in windows as "Realtek High Definition Audio."

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Pretty sure the ROG supremeFX has an option in settings to split or combined audio devices it might be the issue