Realtek HD audio

Veverka34

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
Hi, i want to uninstall Realtek HD audio because i need to test if i have faulty driver (mini lags in games). When i try to uninstall i get this error:

Kód chyby: -5006 : 0x80030005
Informácia o chybe:
>\CABFile.cpp (651)
>setup.cpp (570)
PAPP:Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
PVENDOR:Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
PGUID:f132af7f-7bca-4ede-8a7c-958108fe7dbc
$21.0.338
@Windows 7 / Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (7601)
IE Version: 9.11.9600.18665

Yamitime

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014
This is from an old thread dealing with this issue written by someone called Michelin .

All driver and device info is stored in the registry so if you delete it from there you will not see it in the device manager and it will detect the device afresh on the next restart, allowing you to install the correct or updated drivers.
Go to the Start Menu and click on run
Type "regedit" and click OK
Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Expand SYSTEM, Expand CONTROLSET001
Expand ENUM
In here you should see a folder related to your device EG. HDAUDIO
You will not be allowed to delete this yet. Right click on the folder to bring up a list and go to 'Permissions'. You are classified apart of group 'Everyone' you will have to tick the box under 'allow' giving yourself 'Full Control' click OK

Before you do anything more you should backup what you are about to delete. Right Click on the folder again and go to export and save it somewhere you will remember like in your 'My Documents' folder if anything goes wrong all you need to do to restore the folder is double click on the file.

You can now delete the related Folder then restart the computer if you find the device is still in the device manager then you deleted the wrong folder. Restore your backup and try a different folder.

Veverka34

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014

Hi thank you for help Yamitime. I wasn´t on the PC for a while so i jumped in for it right now. Well i opened regedit: - HKEY - SYSTEM and then.. Is it possible that i don´t have HDAUDIO in CONTROLSET001? I have it in both CONTROLSET002 and CONTROLSET003