Realtek HD driver only sound from head phones

lt285285

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
I recently decided to install Windows 7 service pack 1 after I installed that software and it updated everything, I don't get any sound from my onboard speakers. I do get sound when I plug in headphones or ext. speakers.. I'm sure its a driver issue because when I start up my computer I get start up sound out of the same speakers.. Could someone help?

lt285285

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
I don't have the option inside realtek hd manager to disable it.. Also what is weird under my speaker conf. where is says stereo its grayed out and I cant adjust it.....

lt285285

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
That option is not in the updated realtek hd audio... I checked all over for it... I'm running windows 7 not windows XP and I think that option has been taking out... Unless there is another way i can get to it

Hrmmm... I have a gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R motherboard running windows 7 x64 and I have that option in my manager. I think the link I posted above is actually an older realtek manager as mine doesn't look like that. The option is still there, but I had to dig for it. I'm not home right now or I'd be able to better locate it for you - only have XP at work.

EDIT:
I just found this vieo that shows what my manager looks like. Pause it at 18 seconds into the video. See that little folder near the top right, just to the right of the word "ANALOG". I think I had to click on that!

lt285285

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
quentint
There are a few pictures of what my manager looks like and what I'm dealing with

It almost sounds like the driver wasn't installed correctly and some of your options are grayed out or not available. If you go into the device manager, do you have any devices with a yellow exclamation point next to it? Also, if you list the version of the HD manager you have, I'll check it against mine at home later.

Also, have you tried reinstalling it? If I remember correctly, if you run the installer with the driver/manager already installed, it actually uninstalls the driver/manager, forcing you to re-run the installer a second time.

TRENDING THREADS