Realtek Network Controller issue after Graphic Cards Switching

Sep 16, 2018
Yesterday, my self built PC was working fine, as it has for the last year. Then my roommate was having issues with his PC so we were testing parts on mine (only trying two different graphics cards, his old and new one) to make sure they worked. Then when I plugged my card back in and booted back up, I encountered and error that would not let me connect to the internet.

Windows troubleshooter says that it could not find a driver for your network adapter.
So i tried to reinstall the driver. I had the realtek driver before so I downloaded it on an external drive from my laptop and tried to reinstall.

Then the installer said this issue:
Realtek Network Controller was not found, If Deep Sleep Mode is enabled Please Plug the Cable.

After hours of searching online and trying everything I am at a loss.

Steps I have tried:
Reinstalling driver from downloads from both MSI and Realtek
Refresh Windows (basically uninstalling all third party programs and reinstalling windows)
Screaming profanity.
removing ram and mobo battery to try and reset it
Reinstalling the AMD chipset
Trying to turn off sleep mode in the device manager (there is nothing other than miniports in the network adapter section

My Specs
Windows 10 64bit
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
AMD Radeon RX 570
Ripjaws DDR4 3000 2x8gb RAM
MSI B350 PC mate Motherboard
500gb samsung ssd
1tb Seagate HDD

I am currently considering buying an internal PCIe NIC, would that bypass the issues I have been having?

Sep 16, 2018
I still don't know what caused the issue in the board to begin with, but it was a hardware fault, not software. I had read online that that error also meant the ethernet adapter chip failed. So I tried bypassing it by using a ethernet to USB adapter and IT WORKED!

Bad part of the board, installing a new piece fixed it right up. LIke I said I used a cheap ehternet to USB adapter but I am planning to get an internal ethernet adapter soon. Best of luck to anyone else with this issue!