Question Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller - Repeated Disconnects

Jun 5, 2020
My aforementioned NIC adapter always disconnects network and internet whenever my PC goes to sleep mode. I have a new PC, less than a year old. I manually downloaded the latest driver software from the RealTek website and updated the adapter because I noticed that the adapter properties had no power management tab among others that were missing.

After I did that I the advanced options were now showing and thus I was able to uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option. It still does it. I have dealt with other realtek pcie gbe family ethernet controller adapters but never have noticed this behavior before.

I am thinking about just swapping it for an Intel 82599EN Single-Port 10G SFP+ PCIe 2.0 x8, Ethernet Network Interface Card. But this is confounding me because the adapter still shows enabled after I get the computer to an active state out of sleep mode, however it still is disconnected from network and internet and so I have to disable the adapter and enable it again for it to get reconnected. Is this just a defective module? Please advise. Thanks.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS