Realtek PCIe GBE family controller stuck at 100 Mbps

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCoolsurdy

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014
We just got Time Warner MAXX 200 today, but I am being bottlenecked by my LAN controller. My brother has the exact same motherboard as me, the 970A-G46, and he can get the full speed (220 Mbps) as his networking card speed is at 1 Gbps. However, mine is at 100 Mbps and I cannot get it to go to 1 Gbps/1000 Mbps, as it remains stuck at 100 Mbps. I have updated the driver already and changed a few settings people told me to do online, with no luck.

I could just get a gigabit card for $12.80 on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003CFATNI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1XQFZ3DOPYQ51

But I want to see if there is anything else I could try.

Thanks

Solution
I would move you computer exactly where your brothers is. switch all the cables to your computer and check. if that doesn't work try the following..

Networking and sharing Center> Change adapter settings> [double click]*the connection you want to use*>Properties> configure> [click advanced tab]> *in the scroll menu choose "speed and duplex" > change the value to 1Gbp/s full duplex

let me know what that does for you

TheCoolsurdy

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014

Yes, I have tried swapping cables. My brother has the same exact motherboard as me and gets the 1 Gbps card speed which allows him to get 220 Mbps down, which is the full speed we are paying for. We are connected to a Artist TG1672G

AgPaul

Honorable
Jan 23, 2015
I would move you computer exactly where your brothers is. switch all the cables to your computer and check. if that doesn't work try the following..

Networking and sharing Center> Change adapter settings> [double click]*the connection you want to use*>Properties> configure> [click advanced tab]> *in the scroll menu choose "speed and duplex" > change the value to 1Gbp/s full duplex

let me know what that does for you

Reactions: Dskov
Solution

Adarsh_98

Reputable
Feb 6, 2016

Hey, Mine is in 1 Gbps full duplex, but still when I click on LAN icon, the speed says 100 Mbps. I have a Cat 5E cable. I used the same cable with my laptop(Dell Latitude E5440 ) and it shows 1 Gbps as the speed. Please help.!

lykaios114

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

I have the same problem, Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Drivers up to date, 5E cable, and connection is stucked at 100 mb for some unknow reason. On properties i set the value to 1gps/full duplex, speed still stuck at 100mb.

Please throw some help here, its frustating having 300mb when i only can use 100....

thanks in advance for help

Jemiide

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

Did you find the solution?

EDIT: For people in the future looking for the answer my solution was easy: I was using an old internet cable. Changed the cable and it went to 1GB immediately. It has to be cable with at least Cat.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.