Question Realtek(R) Audio doesn't work and strange driver behavior.

Apr 1, 2020
The model in question is Acer aspire 3 A315-55G-5364
The audio at first seemed really low volume even at max levels and was pretty bad from either speakers and headphones, also the audio manager recognizes only one device called "speakers" even when headphones are connected, so i tried to update the drivers with the ones on Acer website but results were no different.

Note that when i first bought it i forgot to check what driver it had in case windows messed it up with updates (i think this because the drivers that are installed automatically from windows update are called "Realtek(R) Audio" and the ones provided on Acer website specifically for this laptop are called "Realtek(R) High Definition Audio")

Fast forward two months the audio suddenly disappeared, and windows installed the same "Realtek(R) Audio" but doesn't work... it just crackles a bit but nothing.
If i try uninstalling the drivers with the installation wizard a new device pops up called "High Definition Audio Device", this device is louder, sounds better, recognizes the headphones and has enhancements but just goes away after a reboot.

what do you think?

Last edited:
Go to the acer support page, search the exact mode Aspire 3 A315-55G drivers, Go to bios / firmware and download latest file 1.17 (fix noise issue workaround) BEFORE flashing the bios, rememeber to add power cable , make sure battery is atleast 50% charged, disable your antivirus completely (you can disconnect internet if afraid something happens), close all programs and tabs , then open the bios update file and continue with the upgrade.

After its down and installed / rebooted go to same site and download the audio CONSOLE driver "1.3.179.0 "
Install that, then install Audio driver "6.0.8699.1 " reboot in between or after both are done.

Apr 1, 2020
Hi, unfortunately the suggestion didn't work, still no audio, it works only when you uninstall the drivers via the installation wizard and reboot, BIOS update was completed normally.