[SOLVED] Realtek (R) audio i can't get rid of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

dejwiu

Prominent
Apr 28, 2018
Hi, so my problem is that realtek (r) audio shows up every time i uninstall it. And i do it because i want to have realtek high definition audio. I need help.

Solution
Go to device manager, locate sound, video games and controller.

Right click onto Realtek, uninstall and tick delete software.

Restart PC and check if the microsoft's audio is installed.

Now download from your manufacturers site as @Phillip Corcoran mentioned up there.

Install them.

Now realtek should be in Control panel under Hardware and sound.

If not Probably it should be in Windows patrition, usually by C (where your windows is installed).

Go to windows explorer->C:->Program Files (NOT x86)-> Realtek-> Audio-> and look for GUI application (similar to RtkNGUI) and open it, that should be your control panel.

Now to make it to start up every time you start the pc/restart if you wanna I can show it to you, if you dont wanna, you...
(r) after a name simply means it's a registered trademark -- the name can only be used by that manufacturer.

Windows keeps re-installing the Realtek driver because the related hardware is still present.

Does your audio not work at all?

You need to post full specs of your system.

dejwiu

Prominent
Apr 28, 2018

Audio works but i can't choose some options and there is no realtek hd audio manager.
Here are my pc specs:
cpu i3 8100
gpu msi gtx 1050ti
mb gigabyte b360m ds3h
psu: xfx xt 600w
ram: goodram iridium 2133mhz 2x4 gb
ssd: samsung 860evo 250gb
hdd: toshiba p300 1tb
system: windows 10 home 64bit

Go to device manager, locate sound, video games and controller.

Right click onto Realtek, uninstall and tick delete software.

Restart PC and check if the microsoft's audio is installed.

Now download from your manufacturers site as @Phillip Corcoran mentioned up there.

Install them.

Now realtek should be in Control panel under Hardware and sound.

If not Probably it should be in Windows patrition, usually by C (where your windows is installed).

Go to windows explorer->C:->Program Files (NOT x86)-> Realtek-> Audio-> and look for GUI application (similar to RtkNGUI) and open it, that should be your control panel.

Now to make it to start up every time you start the pc/restart if you wanna I can show it to you, if you dont wanna, you can pin it/Create shortcut.

Reactions: Elcid07
Solution

dejwiu

Prominent
Apr 28, 2018

I uninstalled it and when i restarted the pc it came back(realtek (r) audio) , so what do i do now?

dejwiu

Prominent
Apr 28, 2018

So i have found realtek control panel but i want to have realtek hd audio not realtek (R) audio which is missing some options.

Status
Not open for further replies.