Hi everyone.

CPU:3900X
COOLER: Dark Rock Pro 4
GPU: GTX 1070
MOBO:X570 Aorus Elite (F11 BIOS)
SSD: 970 and 860
PSU: Corsair 750 RMX
RAM: Triden Z Neo 3600 CL16

So far this build have been amazing. The only thing from my old system is the GTX 1070.

I have an issue with the Realtek (R) drivers from the motherboard website which is installed with Realtek Audio Console. Every time an audio source start and end it makes a quiet pop in my headset (3.5mm plugged in the rear audio jack). I tested the port at the front too to see if it was the port at the back but the issue persist.

When I use the basic Windows audio drivers there is no pop sound. If I go on youtube and start a video using the basic high definition audio driver from Windows 10 there is no crackling/popping noise.

The noise is only when I use the Realtek (R) UAD drivers from Gigabyte and I tried the Realtek High definition audio drivers not UAD. same issue. There is no crackling when the audio is playing. Just when it's starting and when it's probably shutting down to save power or something?

Any solutions to this? Is this a motherboard problem?

UPDATE: If I use stereomix to listen to my headset and use the "never turn off this device" the popping stop. So it is the realtek audio stopping and starting causing the popping. If anyone have dealt with this before please let me know.

Last edited:

RainingTacco

Prominent
Sep 21, 2019
UPDATE: If I use stereomix to listen to my headset and use the "never turn off this device" the popping stop. So it is the realtek audio stopping and starting causing the popping. If anyone have dealt with this before please let me know.

How do you do that? Can you show how to do this?