Realtek rtl8168d/811d family pci-e gigabit ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelandy

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
my internet keep closing down ,told my Internet provider they said connection and phone line was fine it could be your net workcard, going in to sleep mode, or some thing was closing it down Iam using realtek rtl8168d/811d family pci-e gigabit ethernet can you help regards Andy

bilbat

Splendid
told my Internet provider they said connection and phone line was fine it could be your net workcard
...little unclear here as to how, exactly, you are trying to connect... you mention phone line (telephone modem?) and network card (mutually exclusive...) - might help if you tell us who your internet provider is.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
He's probably using an adsl connection with a splitter for landline phone and internet trafic.

Try making sure the lan adapter (or net workcard as you call it) can't go to sleep when your computer enters s1 or s3 state. You do that by rightclicking on 'computer' (or 'my computer' in windows antique) and choose 'manage'. Halfway down there's a 'device manager' - you click on it, find your realtek card and doubleclick it. In one of the tabs there's some checkmarks you can remove to make sure it doesn't turn off the lan adapter when sleeping (seperate power tab in windows 7, dunno about windows antique).
Also check that 'green lan' is not enabled in your bios if your board has this feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.