[SOLVED] Realtek sound broken out of nowhere

Dec 20, 2020
Alright so I upgraded GPU's to a 3070. I had to unplug my WIFI card because the GPU was too big. Booted up, everything was fine, benchmarked some games. I put the wifi card into a different PCIE slot and when I booted up I had no audio. Now, my audio is completely broken, front and back slots. It doesn't work if I plug anything into the back. Also, it says my front jack is detecting input and shows the sound option I normally use, but it disappears when I plug my headphones in. I ordered an external soundcard in the meantime but I really want to figure this out because it is a pain. Please help.

What I've tried:
  • Reinstalling NVIDIA drivers
  • Reinstalling Realtek drivers
  • Checked audio jack cables on motherboard
  • Tried different headphones

Hardware:
  • Ryzen 7 3700x
  • ASUS RTX 3070 8GB
  • 16 GB DDR4 ram
  • AORUS B450m
  • Corsair 650w PSU

Solution
This happened to me. What worked for me was, reinstalling Nvidia drivers in custom option and unchecking the audio driver there. Basically what my system did was let Nvidia audio take over (ie monitor being supplied audio through dp) instead of giving me Realtek through headphones
This happened to me. What worked for me was, reinstalling Nvidia drivers in custom option and unchecking the audio driver there. Basically what my system did was let Nvidia audio take over (ie monitor being supplied audio through dp) instead of giving me Realtek through headphones

Solution