Question Reapplied GPU paste worsens after a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

andromedaftw

Honorable
Jul 11, 2015
Hi there, i reapplied my gpu thermal paste for 3 times. I cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol, i tried 3 different methods (too much paste, normal, and little) and all of them gave me a same result which is 58-59C. But i noticed that after a few hours my gpu temps will rise to 60C, and after a few days it will rise up to 61-63C.

I'm using a GTX 1050 Ti, I know that the temps are very safe and low for my GPU, i just want to know why does my gpu became hotter after a few days. Thanks

poorbugger

Distinguished
I'm gonna need more details about that. What's the gpu usage when you see those temps? What about your ambient temperature? Maybe on certain days it's hotter. Maybe your gpu is under different loads in different games. It will rise up in temps if your pc case has poor airflow. All the trapped air will gradually increase your gpu temps

andromedaftw

Honorable
Jul 11, 2015
I'm gonna need more details about that. What's the gpu usage when you see those temps? What about your ambient temperature? Maybe on certain days it's hotter. Maybe your gpu is under different loads in different games. It will rise up in temps if your pc case has poor airflow. All the trapped air will gradually increase your gpu temps
The gpu is at 100%, i noticed that shadow of the tomb raider is like 57-58C after reapplying and after some hours and days it is at 58-60C while on dirt 4 after reapplying the temps are just 58C and after like 1-2 days the temps raises at maximum of 62C. Both at 100% tho, as of ambient temperature i believe it's just the same with a margin of error of only like 0.5C - 2C maximum.

Status
Not open for further replies.