Question Rear audio jack not working whenever I update audio drivers

Nov 19, 2018
This problem started few months ago after I updated audio drivers to my Asus Rog Strix x470-f motherboard. Until then the audio was working just fine but after I updated drivers, for some reason I can't get the rear panel to work. If I plug any audio device into front panel audio jack it works just fine but whenever I plug it into rear panel it doesn't work no matter what I do. I solved this by just completely unninstalling the audio driver from my PC and ater that, it works fine. The problem is that once in a while I get a blue screen which according to my research might be related to driver issue, so I am trying to update all of them, but when I update the audio driver, the rear panel stops working.

Nov 19, 2018
Have you tried uninstalling that new version and then rebooting and installing an older version ?
I am using Version 6.0.1.8468 (with Sonic Suite) on my ROG Srtix B450F and it works perfectly for me.
It was the first driver that I installed and I think it worked, but I am not sure whether or not I was getting the blue screen back then, guess the only way to find out is to install it and see what happens though.

Nov 19, 2018
Get HW id from Device manager an Google it, that's best way to find most appropriate drivers.
You can also use DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html to unistall older drivers and than you can install other ones.
I tried googling the HW ID, which should be HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_1168&SUBSYS_10438723&REV_1001 but I did not get any results from official realtek or asus sites, the top results were from http://www.driveridentifier.com but I haver never used the site so I'm not sure whether or not it can be trusted. As for DDU, isn't the program only for graphic drivers?

Googling this I managed to find .cab file that I downloaded from windows catalog site. After unnistaling audio drivers using DDU I installed this one and it seems that everything is working smoothly so far. Thanks for the help.
Great. mixing drivers can have unforeseen consequences, that's why tools for complete driver cleanup are good. If all is right, mark problem solved.

Reactions: DMAN999