[SOLVED] Rear fan intake or exhaust?

Apr 25, 2021
I only have one fan in my pc in the rear. Should I have it be intake or exhaust? And we’ll, I’m pretty much a noob so which way is intake and exhaust?

Solution
You ask, "which way is intake and exhaust?" Look closely on the outside of your fan frame. Usually somewhere on it there will be two arrows. One points around the frame for the direction of fan blade turning, and the other points through the fan to indicate air flow direction. So mount the rear fan to blow out of the case. When you start up, just feel the air blowing (or hold a tissue in front of it) to check which way the air is moving.

Lutfij

Titan
Exhaust, provided the front of the case has fans set to intake and the case is designed with the rear fan at the highest point of the case, in which case it's due to the fact that the hot air will always rise, regardless of which corner of the world you're living on. Make and model of the case? If you're working with aftermarket fan(s), include their make and models.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
You ask, "which way is intake and exhaust?" Look closely on the outside of your fan frame. Usually somewhere on it there will be two arrows. One points around the frame for the direction of fan blade turning, and the other points through the fan to indicate air flow direction. So mount the rear fan to blow out of the case. When you start up, just feel the air blowing (or hold a tissue in front of it) to check which way the air is moving.

Solution
D

Deleted member 2720853

Rear fan should be exhaust.
which way is intake and exhaust?

CZHmG5G.png

Left is exhaust, right is intake.