reasearch, new processor

jakemc

Reputable
Feb 23, 2014
i just got a new power sauce (750w) and graphics card ( amd radeon r9 270x ). and im wondering if i need a new processor , at the moment i have a AMD A10-5700 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz , and im not the best with things like this and wanted to see if anyone had any advice to as if i need a new processor . or any over parts ? please get back if you think you can help .

Solution
I love my FX-6300 (better performance and cheaper than what you suggested). I take it you are looking for FM2 socket CPUs though (FX-6300 is an AM3+). I'm not sure why you are looking for an APU if you already have a 270x. I thought those were only useful if you didn't have a graphics card.

EDIT: I didn't read it carefully enough. If you already have that APU, it will probably be fine. If you are looking for an upgrade, I would highly recommend the FX-6300 as it has awesome quality for the price.

LimitedWard

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
I love my FX-6300 (better performance and cheaper than what you suggested). I take it you are looking for FM2 socket CPUs though (FX-6300 is an AM3+). I'm not sure why you are looking for an APU if you already have a 270x. I thought those were only useful if you didn't have a graphics card.

EDIT: I didn't read it carefully enough. If you already have that APU, it will probably be fine. If you are looking for an upgrade, I would highly recommend the FX-6300 as it has awesome quality for the price.

Solution