[SOLVED] Reason for performance drop ?

Apr 22, 2022
I am playing games on a 2011 computer with GT 730 in it, an i3-2100 CPU and 4GB ram.

This computer and in my entire life was working... decent I may say. Although I wished to play better games but my PC just can't take them which is sad, I am talking about CSGO, COD Warzone, and GTA 5.. u know those games are cool, but this is not the case. The case is that I was playing a game called Roblox its for adults and kids too anyways so I always had a good amount of FPS for a lego game it really depends on the game I am playing but I am talking about a game my PC could take it and play it smoothly.

I performed recently a DDU operation to clean my GPU and update it to 391.35 which is the last update for GT 730. When I join a game now, I have a good amount of FPS but after minutes the performance drops and I start playing with 20 FPS and less which is laggy, I mean very laggy for a game I used to be able to play smoothly for 2 years. Idk what the reason I mean I don't overclock my GPU or use one of those "driver update" programs, I am just playing. I don't wanna mess my PC up. Still, I don't understand the reason behind this drop. So I decided to ask for your help guys.. I guess.

PS: Just to make it clear for everybody who's asking, I can't afford a new PC.

Solution
Failure after a time smacks of a heat issue.
With power off, nudge the cpu cooler and see if it moves.
The intel stock cooler is attached via 4 push pins that must go through the motherboard and be locked.
You need to look at the back of the motherboard to verify this.

When you boot to bios, there may be a cpu temperature.
Or, install HWMonitor which will give you the current minimum and maximum cpu temperatures.
Look at the minimum temperatures. It should be some 15-20c. over your room temperature.
Much higher and you need to reseat your cooler.

Run a simple cpu-Z stress test.
Look at the max temperature.
If you see 100c. in red, your cpu has throttled due to heat to protect itself.

In case you need to remount your cooler, here is...
Apr 22, 2022
I am playing games on a 2011 computer with GT 730 in it, an i3-2100 CPU and 4GB ram.

This computer and in my entire life was working... decent I may say. Although I wished to play better games but my PC just can't take them which is sad, I am talking about CSGO, COD Warzone, and GTA 5.. u know those games are cool, but this is not the case. The case is that I was playing a game called Roblox its for adults and kids too anyways so I always had a good amount of FPS for a lego game it really depends on the game I am playing but I am talking about a game my PC could take it and play it smoothly.

I performed recently a DDU operation to clean my GPU and update it to 391.35 which is the last update for GT 730. When I join a game now, I have a good amount of FPS but after minutes the performance drops and I start playing with 20 FPS and less which is laggy, I mean very laggy for a game I used to be able to play smoothly for 2 years. Idk what the reason I mean I don't overclock my GPU or use one of those "driver update" programs, I am just playing. I don't wanna mess my PC up. Still, I don't understand the reason behind this drop. So I decided to ask for your help guys.. I guess.

PS: Just to make it clear for everybody who's asking, I can't afford a new PC.

Apr 24, 2022
Hi man, in your case its a good idea to install Hwinfo64 then keep it running when you go to play your game. There we gonna see 2 important things, energetic issues with the components and temps. If you have one of that menthioned issues, your sistem will protect your components lacking your performance.

The intel stock cooler is attached via 4 push pins that must go through the motherboard and be locked.

Or, install HWMonitor which will give you the current minimum and maximum cpu temperatures.
Look at the minimum temperatures. It should be some 15-20c. over your room temperature.

In case you need to remount your cooler, here is my canned text on that:

----------------how to mount the stock Intel cooler--------------

The stock Intel cooler can be tricky to install.
A poor installation will result in higher cpu temperatures.
If properly mounted, you should expect temperatures at idle to be 10-15c. over ambient.

To mount the Intel stock cooler properly, place the motherboard on top of the foam or cardboard backing that was packed with the motherboard.
The stock cooler will come with paste pre applied, it looks like three grey strips.
The 4 push pins should come in the proper position for installation, that is with the pins rotated in the opposite direction of the arrow,(clockwise)
and pulled up as far as they can go.
Take the time to play with the pushpin mechanism until you know how they work.
Orient the 4 pins so that they are exactly over the motherboard holes.
If one is out of place, you will damage the pins which are delicate.
Push down on a DIAGONAL pair of pins at the same time. Then the other pair.
When you push down on the top black pins, it expands the white plastic pins to fix the cooler in place.
If you do them one at a time, you will not get the cooler on straight.
Lastly, look at the back of the motherboard to verify that all 4 pins are equally through the motherboard, and that the cooler is on firmly.
This last step must be done, which is why the motherboard should be out of the case to do the job. Or you need a case with a opening that lets you see the pins.
It is possible to mount the cooler with the motherboard mounted in the case, but you can then never be certain that the push pins are inserted properly
unless you can verify that the pins are through the motherboard and locked.

If you should need to remove the cooler, first run the cpu to heat it up and soften the paste before shutting down and powering off the pc. That makes it easy to unstick the old cooler.
Turn the pins counter clockwise to unlock them.
You will need to clean off the old paste and reapply new if you ever take the cooler off.
Clean off old paste with alcohol and a lint free paper like a coffee filter.
Apply new paste sparingly. A small rice sized drop in the center will spread our under heat and pressure.

It is hard to use too little.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solution
391.35 is the latest driver only if your GT730 is the 128-bit Fermi variety rather than the more common Kepler, or if you are on 32-bit Win7.

If it is a Fermi, then TDP is 49w and the GPU's fan would have to spin + the heatsink not be choked with dust to avoid overheating. Have you looked at the GPU and CPU heatsinks to make sure they are OK?

Apr 22, 2022
391.35 is the latest driver only if your GT730 is the 128-bit Fermi variety rather than the more common Kepler, or if you are on 32-bit Win7.

If it is a Fermi, then TDP is 49w and the GPU's fan would have to spin + the heatsink not be choked with dust to avoid overheating. Have you looked at the GPU and CPU heatsinks to make sure they are OK?
Well I performed a full clean to the CPU fan and GPU parts too, however GPU fan is not spinning and I found that just now

Apr 22, 2022

In case you need to remount your cooler, here is my canned text on that:

----------------how to mount the stock Intel cooler--------------

The stock Intel cooler can be tricky to install.
A poor installation will result in higher cpu temperatures.
If properly mounted, you should expect temperatures at idle to be 10-15c. over ambient.

To mount the Intel stock cooler properly, place the motherboard on top of the foam or cardboard backing that was packed with the motherboard.
The stock cooler will come with paste pre applied, it looks like three grey strips.
The 4 push pins should come in the proper position for installation, that is with the pins rotated in the opposite direction of the arrow,(clockwise)
and pulled up as far as they can go.
Take the time to play with the pushpin mechanism until you know how they work.
Orient the 4 pins so that they are exactly over the motherboard holes.
If one is out of place, you will damage the pins which are delicate.
Push down on a DIAGONAL pair of pins at the same time. Then the other pair.
When you push down on the top black pins, it expands the white plastic pins to fix the cooler in place.
If you do them one at a time, you will not get the cooler on straight.
Lastly, look at the back of the motherboard to verify that all 4 pins are equally through the motherboard, and that the cooler is on firmly.
This last step must be done, which is why the motherboard should be out of the case to do the job. Or you need a case with a opening that lets you see the pins.
It is possible to mount the cooler with the motherboard mounted in the case, but you can then never be certain that the push pins are inserted properly
unless you can verify that the pins are through the motherboard and locked.

If you should need to remove the cooler, first run the cpu to heat it up and soften the paste before shutting down and powering off the pc. That makes it easy to unstick the old cooler.
Turn the pins counter clockwise to unlock them.
You will need to clean off the old paste and reapply new if you ever take the cooler off.
Clean off old paste with alcohol and a lint free paper like a coffee filter.
Apply new paste sparingly. A small rice sized drop in the center will spread our under heat and pressure.

It is hard to use too little.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found out that the gpu fan does not spin but the cpu one is working just fine