Question Reason for sub-par fps on my 1080?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

someonehelp

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
Hey guys, I got myself a 1080 a little while back and honestly I've never tried to run it on much hard. But I recently picked up the battlefield games again and noticed I was taking fps pretty hard.

Then I realised this was happening for any slightly challenging game.

I have tried a few things:
-drivers uninstalled and reinstalled with latest
-ensured it's receiving enough power.
-made sure I'm using the correct pci slots
-obviously monitor it's plugged into the gpu not the motherboard
-nothings overheating
-I ran timespy and got a score that made sense for my specs.

I can knock down the settings all I like and slam down the resolution and still it tanks pretty hard. It gets maybe 10fps extra on low in 1080p than the amount it does on high in 2560x1440.

I'm not sure if I'm bottlenecking somewhere or something. Honestly I'm not amazing with PC parts and this is my second ever self made PC build. Some help would be appreciated.

• GTX 1080
  • i5-8600k
  • Gigabyte Z370p D3
-16gb DDR4 2400MHz

My windows 10 is saved on an SSD and I've notice no issues with background software. Though I don't seem to be able to actively monitor my CPU usage when in full screen games cause one monitor.

I've disabled all the background process I can.

Any other ideas?

someonehelp

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
Gigabyte UK continues it's legacy of being pretty useless and suggesting things I've told them I've done.

Not to mention my ssd had corrupted and I now need a new one. Fun fun.

Patriot memory just tell me to make a manual profile which unfortunately doesn't work.

They then informed me either my CPU or motherboard isn't up to standard.

TRENDING THREADS