[SOLVED] Reason why my GPU is crashing?

ImDouble

Prominent
Mar 18, 2019
So just like two days ago my PC starting crashing for no reason. I did some research and figured its probably my gpu. It doesnt make sense because even while im playing games my temps are only around 40c so it cant be craching due to overheating. Ive updated all my drivers. Also it doesnt crash while playing The Division 2 but does while playing GTA and Mortal Kombat which are both steam games so idk if thats causing it but that would really make sense. So if any of you have an idea what it could be please feel free to leave a comment

Solution
Get the AMD chipset (for motherboard) drivers here:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b350

Get current Nvidia drivers here:
https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/144363

You should also consider testing your memory with a tool like memtest.
I figured out my issues, turns out that my 24 pin connector wasnt plugged in all the way on my motherboard. I unplugged it and plugged in back in and havent had a problem since yesterday. If anyone is having the same problem that i am make sure all of your connections are intact if you built your own system!!

ImDouble

Prominent
Mar 18, 2019
Try lowering your memory speed to 2133. Also, make sure your BIOS is not auto-overclocking the CPU. If you are stable at stock speeds, you then try speeding things up.
I was think about overclocking the cpu but i have a the stock cooler that comes with the 2600. Would it be okay if i OC it a little bit with the stock cooler?

ImDouble

Prominent
Mar 18, 2019
BTW, is Windows up to date? Is your motherboard BIOS up to date? Drivers up to date? Did you install the AMD chipset drivers before you installed the most current Nvidia video drivers?
yeah i updated windows a few days ago actually so i’m wondering if it’s that that’s causing it. but i don’t think i’ve updated the chipset or bios but i’ve been gaming on it for a month so if that was the problem wouldn’t it have happened right as i installed my gpu?

ImDouble

Prominent
Mar 18, 2019
BTW, is Windows up to date? Is your motherboard BIOS up to date? Drivers up to date? Did you install the AMD chipset drivers before you installed the most current Nvidia video drivers?
ok it seems to be stable at the moment. it has lasted longer then it did before i lowered the clock speed of the ram. why is it that the clock speed i had it at was crashing it?

ImDouble

Prominent
Mar 18, 2019
ok it seems to be stable at the moment. it has lasted longer then it did before i lowered the clock speed of the ram. why is it that the clock speed i had it at was crashing it?
nevermind scratch that it just happened again, but it did indeed last longer. any other reasons why this would happen? it does just happen out of the blue and i can also still hear game audio

Jan 6, 2019
nevermind scratch that it just happened again, but it did indeed last longer. any other reasons why this would happen? it does just happen out of the blue and i can also still hear game audio
Check the cables. It could possibly be your HDMI cable (or whatever you use). Does your PC completely turn off when the error happens? or does it still stay on? (just the screen turns off)

ImDouble

Prominent
Mar 18, 2019
Check the cables. It could possibly be your HDMI cable (or whatever you use). Does your PC completely turn off when the error happens? or does it still stay on? (just the screen turns off)
no the pc doesn’t turn off, the screen just turns white and that’s it. i’ll try another cable and see what happens

ImDouble

Prominent
Mar 18, 2019
Get the AMD chipset (for motherboard) drivers here:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b350

Get current Nvidia drivers here:
https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/144363

You should also consider testing your memory with a tool like memtest.
I figured out my issues, turns out that my 24 pin connector wasnt plugged in all the way on my motherboard. I unplugged it and plugged in back in and havent had a problem since yesterday. If anyone is having the same problem that i am make sure all of your connections are intact if you built your own system!!

Solution