Reasonable CPU for ASROCK N68C-GS4.

setha

Honorable
Apr 15, 2014
Hi,

I do not know if I should buy new CPU for motherboard "ASROCK N68C-GS4". I am currently using "AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ x2" on it. The problem is the price for (2 x 4GB) DDR2 is super expensive. I don't know if it would be cheaper to buy new CPU with new (2 x 4GB) DDR3 memory, instead.

Thank you.

Solution
At this point it's probably cheaper to upgrade the motherboard, CPU, and RAM. There's only so much performance you can step up to with your current platform, and depending on the software you hope to improve performance in, the same money would give you higher return with a newer platform.

If you have an OEM license for Windows 7, your Windows license will be tied to the current motherboard. That may be more than you are looking to spend on an upgrade, but something to keep in mind.
At this point it's probably cheaper to upgrade the motherboard, CPU, and RAM. There's only so much performance you can step up to with your current platform, and depending on the software you hope to improve performance in, the same money would give you higher return with a newer platform.

If you have an OEM license for Windows 7, your Windows license will be tied to the current motherboard. That may be more than you are looking to spend on an upgrade, but something to keep in mind.

Solution