Question Reasonable mATX or mid-ATX (or POSSIBLY full ATX) inexpensive case for a low-ish end build of mixed used+new parts

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I already have storage, a couple of case fans, a PSU, and a GPU. The GPU is a PowerColor RX 580, it's 2-1/2 slots, and about 9-1/2" length by 5-1/4" width.

I'm looking for:
  • Fits my GPU
  • Inexpensive
  • Relatively compact (prefer mATX [EDIT: or ATX mid-tower is fine as well], but full ATX is fine if it comes out best in price/"performance" - it'll be a mATX board going into it)
  • Cools reasonably well
  • Is reasonably quiet
I know I can't ask for the best of the best of everything, but basically, a case that won't be annoying to have on a daily driver PC. I'd probably slightly favor quiet over cooling, but I obviously don't want to sacrifice TOO much cooling.

Last edited:
I haven't kept up in the recent past, but so-called "Micro ATX cases" are often nearly as large as the average ATX mid-tower...17 inches or so in at least 1 dimension. So, it's often not easy to downsize the case unless you go very small, such as a cube case. I eventually went with a Lian-Li A04 micro ATX that is only 15 inches tall, but I think it is out of production.