Reasons Why You should move to Windows 10

As you probably know, windows 10 is Microsoft's next version of windows coming in around 2 weeks (July 29th). So what makes windows 10 different from previous versions of windows, and why should I move to it?

Windows 10 brings with it (FINALLY) one simple interface like windows 7. Compare that to Windows 8 which had both the "metro" interface and desktop interface. In my opinion having both was not great, most desktop users would use one over the other anyways.

Windows 10 is also a lot faster than windows 7 and windows 8, I've seen this personally and I love it! It's something that Microsoft should of done a long time ago, updates update faster, boot times are faster and programs load faster.

But, probably the most important is that windows 10 is a next generation of OS. As you probably know, Microsoft ever 2 years releases a new version of windows, well that's not to be anymore. Windows 10 is a the 1st OS to not have this type of system, instead it's going to be a service. A service where Microsoft will freely give windows 10 big or small updates. I personally believe windows 10 is going to dissolve into just being called Windows.

Ok, cool. So what are the disadvantages?

Well obviously, new means a new interface. Windows is now getting rid of the beloved Control Panel, and replacing it with PC settings. This might be tough to navigate thru since it's new, but once you get used to it you will be fine.

On old software you might need to keep windows 7 to use those apps, however windows 10 will run nearly all software that's compatible with windows 7 and 8 so this might not be a problem.

Overall, I think windows 10 is going to be one of the best OSes Microsoft has made. The fact that it's free makes it an incentive to use it. But the fact that it's going to be a service instead of just being the newest OS for this section of 2015-2016 makes me intrigued.

BTW, do NOT install windows 10 right after it releases. Or at least I do not recommend it. This is because windows 10 is just getting out of beta, and there could still be issues. So if you have a important PC you run your important business stuff on, then wait for at least a
month before upgrading.