Reassembled a PC-problems

yugom70

Reputable
Aug 31, 2015
After working for 2 years, my Ibuypower PC would get a "no power to keyboard, mouse monitor" message

So after researching those symptoms , the general consensus was that the power supply was weak so i bought corsair cx430 ...i reassembled the PC back and it doesnt turn on ...as in the fan spins for 1 millisecond and stops and there is no power at all it doesnt turn on.

I disconnected the USB 3.0 cord, the system fan and flipped the SATA cord, and suddenly my PC works? What gives? Is there something wrong with the motherboard?

Replacing the power supply is always a good idea with that brand.
At this point I'd suggest that you don't run the system without the system fan; try re-connecting it and see if the system works.
What do you mean by flipping the SATA cord? SATA connectors can only be connected one way; they are keyed.
Is the machine working now? If so, what problem do you need us to solve, or are you just curious?

yugom70

Reputable
Aug 31, 2015
I replaced the PSU with a Corsair one...the thing is, here is the problem: if I unplug my case fans, it will boot....too bad I cant really do much with it, it reaches to 70C[150F] in like 7-10 minutes of just browsing Google

If i DO plug in the case fans, it simply refuses to boot up...i press the power button, the power supply fan makes a nudge and it just sits there. You think its the case cords connecting to the MOBO and the PSU?

yugom70

Reputable
Aug 31, 2015
would buying a big external walmart fan(like the one you would use to cool yourself off on a hot day) be better...? Obviously it will be on a much larger scale than those tiny case fans, i just wont be able to aim it

and the sides of the case will need to always be left open