Reassigning installation drive letter

oskar

Under NT4 it was possible to reassign the installation drive letter - after installation.

Under W2K I didn't manage to do that. Is it more difficult, just different or plainly impossible?

Background: I had several installations of NT4/W2K/XP on my computer. All used the same drive letters for the same drives. Then I deleted the NT4 partition. When I wanted to install W2K the default drive letter of that partition was different. Now all operatiing systems - except for the newly installed - use the same drive letters.

oskar

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear:
W2K is installed on drive G: and I want to change that letter to F:.

Under NT4 I could do that: commit changes now, reboot, finished.

But under W2K?
Oskar

This article may help.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;234048