reboot and select a proper boot

Hichew

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013
Hi, I have this problem where a message pops up saying "reboot and select a proper boot" when I start my PC. This started when I decided to throw out my old Hard(WD Blue 500GB) drive which had windows vista on it. I bought a new Hard drive(Seagate Barracuda 1TB) with windows 7 and when I plugged in my new hard drive, I started to get this error. When I tried to use my old Hard drive I don't get the Reboot error, but instead "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might have caused the issue after you install Windows Updates" I want to use my new hard drive and windows please help!

Solution
If it is a new drive, put the Windows install DVD in and boot from the optical drive to do the install. If you choose custom you will be able to see if there are any preexisting partitions on the drive, and if not just install to the single unallocated space.

Also unplug any other hard drives that are in the computer while you do the installation.

RealBeast

Titan
If it is a new drive, put the Windows install DVD in and boot from the optical drive to do the install. If you choose custom you will be able to see if there are any preexisting partitions on the drive, and if not just install to the single unallocated space.

Also unplug any other hard drives that are in the computer while you do the installation.

Solution