[SOLVED] Reboot and select proper boot device every time PC turns on!

elvisalroblox

Commendable
Mar 23, 2018
So I am getting this message "Reboot and select proper boot device" every time I turn my PC on! I got into the BIOS and start it from there, I select the "Windows Manager device" which is on my SSD. How to fix that?

Solution
I was hoping that was the case (you could enter the BIOS from the boot menu). Usually the boot order should be USB, Boot manager, ssd/hdd. The reason you put USB first is so you can boot from a USB without changing the boot order; eg when you need to boot an install media to install or repair an OS; if you don't have a USB plugged in the BIOS will move to the next device.
Okay, first, do you have any USBs plugged in when you are booting? If so unplug them when booting; if that fixes the problem there is way to modify the USB so it won't interrupt the booting process.

If that does fix the issue, do you know how to get into the BIOS? Often it's lightly hammering the Esc or F1 key when you see the BIOS splash screen. Once in the BIOS, you can set the Boot order, putting the boot manager first.

elvisalroblox

Commendable
Mar 23, 2018
I dont have any usb plugged! When I spam as example F12 I get into UEFI DualBIOS 4 options HDD SSD Windows: Boot manager and Enter Setup, so from Enter Setup I should change the boot order? So the windows: ......etc. be the first one?

I was hoping that was the case (you could enter the BIOS from the boot menu). Usually the boot order should be USB, Boot manager, ssd/hdd. The reason you put USB first is so you can boot from a USB without changing the boot order; eg when you need to boot an install media to install or repair an OS; if you don't have a USB plugged in the BIOS will move to the next device.

Last edited:
Solution