[SOLVED] "Reboot and select proper boot device" if i don't turn on my PC for a week ?

Dec 25, 2021
if i turn it on every day or every couple of days then my PC will boot into windows just fine
BUT
if i don't turn it on for a week or 2 then after turning it on i get this black screen with
reboot and insert a proper boot device and if i go to bios i can see that my samsung evo 120gb is not even detected in the bios
only my 2 western digital hard drives are detected
the fix is
to
1-turn off the PC
2-Unplug my WESTERN DIGITAL HARD DRIVES
3-turn on the PC again with only my ssd plugged in (now the bios will detected)
4-plug everything again including my hard drives and now it will boot into windows just fine

and if i again leave my PC off for a week then i will need to do the above steps again
WHY ?
the CPU i have is i5 3570k with a gigabyte motherboard
Samsung evo 120gb ssd
2 western digital hard drives (RED)
16 gigabyte rom
Windows 10 pro

Solution
Mobo is old enough for the battery to maybe being depleted.
It's a simple button battery (cr2032) that is pretty cheap and very easy to replace.
That battery holds all your bios settings (well it powers the memory that keeps it) so if you don't have power to your system it looses the settings.
Mobo is old enough for the battery to maybe being depleted.
It's a simple button battery (cr2032) that is pretty cheap and very easy to replace.
That battery holds all your bios settings (well it powers the memory that keeps it) so if you don't have power to your system it looses the settings.

Solution