[SOLVED] reboot and select proper boot device on new hdd

Apr 1, 2020
So yesterday i was going through my old things and found my old pc. I wanted a new hdd so i opened up the pc and installed my old 1TB HDD in my actuall pc. Now i have 1 ssd 120gb and 2 1TB HDDS. I didnt have any problems but today i got this message saying reboot and select proper boot device. And i just restarted the pc and it went normal in windows. Is it something i should be scared off? Or do i just restart the pc again if it happensa again?

Solution
I searched about it but i dont really know what it is. Ive had this new gaming pc for a year now and i not dont. Do i need to change it or is it just a recommendation?
OK...I misunderstood a little. If the PC is only a year the battery is probably fine.

I would go to the BIOS....make sure you see both drives in the drive list.
Then there should be a boot order list.
Make sure the SSD is at the top.
Then save the BIOS<<<make sure you save it.
Then exit the BIOS.
Then see what happens.
So yesterday i was going through my old things and found my old pc. I wanted a new hdd so i opened up the pc and installed my old 1TB HDD in my actuall pc. Now i have 1 ssd 120gb and 2 1TB HDDS. I didnt have any problems but today i got this message saying reboot and select proper boot device. And i just restarted the pc and it went normal in windows. Is it something i should be scared off? Or do i just restart the pc again if it happensa again?
I imagine it's been a long time since the CMOS battery has been changed.
If so....I would change it.
I'm not saying it IS the problem....but it could be the problem.
Then after I changed it I would go into the BIOS and make sure everything was how I wanted it and I would save the BIOS.

Apr 1, 2020
Then after I changed it I would go into the BIOS and make sure everything was how I wanted it and I would save the BIOS.

I searched about it but i dont really know what it is. Ive had this new gaming pc for a year now and i not dont. Do i need to change it or is it just a recommendation?

Apr 1, 2020

I also used the old sata cable from the old pc to connect the old HDD. Do you think that a new sata cable would fix it?

OK...I misunderstood a little. If the PC is only a year the battery is probably fine.

I would go to the BIOS....make sure you see both drives in the drive list.
Then there should be a boot order list.
Make sure the SSD is at the top.
Then save the BIOS<<<make sure you save it.
Then exit the BIOS.
Then see what happens.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS