Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

StevieT91

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013
Just put together a PC build. AMD Processor, ASUS motherboard, 4 GB RAM, DVD dual layer drive and 500gb seagate HDD. Both HDD and DVD Drive are recognised in the BIOS. Both are set to IDE. The date and time are correct. I have set DVD drive to first boot option and disabled anything else yet I seem to get this error message when I try to boot up(Using a windows 7 disc). I've been looking for a few hours on a fix but nothing works or does not relate to my situation(Alot of people seem to randomly get this but already have windows installed etc)

Any help would be appreciated. A friend suggested it could be something to do with the BIOS but without seeing it he can't help(He's also away at the moment)

P.S - Not sure if this is in the right section, feel free to move it if it isn't

StevieT91

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013

I have set CD/DVD to first boot options and disabled the other so it will only boot from the CD/DVD. If I set HDD as second boot option I get a different message saying "BOOTMGR is missing" or something along those lines but I'm assuming that's because there is no OS on the HDD