[SOLVED] Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device

Jan 2, 2021
Good afternoon,

I recently build my PC and everything seems fine however, I have my os ( windows 10 pro) on my SSD that I myself tested on another pc & it boots perfectly fine however is not booting on my new one

The 500 gb Kingston SSD is being recognized in boot order but not booting up.
My motherboard is an ASRock B450 itx model also know as ASRock fatal1ty itx.

Pleas help I don't want to loose all my games an data!

Solution
Thats actually what I am planning on doing. Is there any way I can keep my files and games If I do a fresh install? I just don't have any other storage device to back it up to since I just sold my other PC

Not if you have one drive. You'd need to reinstall things in any case. As for data files, these should always be backed up; there are a lot of free options like Google Drive, which gives you 15 GB for free. If a full install ever causes you to lose anything important, you have a data integrity issue far more important that needs to be worried about first.
Jan 2, 2021
Have you tried a clean install on the SSD?

If the SSD already had the OS from a different motherboard / system, it can have issues when converting over to a new motherboard / drivers.

Thats actually what I am planning on doing. Is there any way I can keep my files and games If I do a fresh install? I just don't have any other storage device to back it up to since I just sold my other PC

DSzymborski

Titan

Not if you have one drive. You'd need to reinstall things in any case. As for data files, these should always be backed up; there are a lot of free options like Google Drive, which gives you 15 GB for free. If a full install ever causes you to lose anything important, you have a data integrity issue far more important that needs to be worried about first.

Solution
Jan 2, 2021

What if I purchase another SSD or storage device ?( I am thinking about getting me an M.2 by the way ) Can I transfer my games? OR AT LEAST MY GAME SAVES?

tecmo34

Administrator
What if I purchase another SSD or storage device ?( I am thinking about getting me an M.2 by the way ) Can I transfer my games? OR AT LEAST MY GAME SAVES?
Yes... this is what I do for all my builds, as I keep my personal files and games on a separate drive then my OS. Once you install the OS, you reinstall the game engine (Battlenet, Origin, Steam, EPIC, etc.) and just point it to the folder on the other drive where the game is.

Reactions: David0suna