Question Reboot and select proper boot device problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandude

Prominent
Apr 20, 2019
I just assembled my new pc components outside the case. I have an X570, 3600x cpu, and a rx5700xt. I also have an m.2 sad and a SATA hard drive I stalled. When I start my system up all that comes up is a message “Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.” What do I do to resolve this and get to the bios.

Jul 27, 2019
there should be a prompt to get in the bios before hand or the cpu might not be supported on the motherboard, AMD do boot kits where they send out [censored] cpu's for free to update the moba for the new ryzens as they cant be detected by some mobos

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 27, 2019
there should be a prompt to get in the bios before hand or the cpu might not be supported on the motherboard, AMD do boot kits where they send out shit cpu's for free to update the moba for the new ryzens as they cant be detected by some mobos
but also on that, once your in the bios, then u go through and select what SSD HDD u want to boot of

Nothing to do with BIOS updates --- the CPU is obviously already compatible with the BIOS and POST is successful, otherwise you wouldn't get that boot device message.

The BIOS/UEFI setup utility does not normally appear automatically, you have to press the specific key which is usually shown on the splash screen eg "Press DEL for setup". (Mine says "Press F2 for setup").

If you don't press the required key, the PC will simply proceed to the boot stage, which is what is happening in your case.

USAFRet

Titan
Can you please tell me how you resolved the issue??? I’m trying to get mine going and I’m having that same issue and it’s super difficult, ive been trying so many things and can’t find anything online!!
It would appear that the OP simply needed to boot from a Win 10 install USB.
But...the reasons for such a message to appear are numerous.

Please start a whole new thread for your particular situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS