[SOLVED] reboot and select proper boot device stucked!!!

goofy001

Commendable
Jun 18, 2020
Ok so i just bought a new ssd and had it installed by my tech friend cos he knows more than me, after 2 days of use at first it was just the red logo thingy saying "CMOS settings is wrong" i think it was american something and i searched up on how to fix it then i did by loading optimized defaults in bios and it did or maybe it didnt because after i did that, that red logo thing stopped showing anymore and this time i got stucked in this reboot and select proper device and of course i also searched up on how to fix it like fix the boot order (which was already ok!!), check sata cables, clean sata cables, cmos reset, and every other fix i could find and non would work so rn i cant have my tech friend cos he's really busy and far away and im guessing this a cmos battery problem?? idk im not really that good i only know a few stuff abt computer so pls help me thanks!!

Solution
Ok so i just bought a new ssd and had it installed by my tech friend cos he knows more than me, after 2 days of use at first it was just the red logo thingy saying "CMOS settings is wrong" i think it was american something and i searched up on how to fix it then i did by loading optimized defaults in bios and it did or maybe it didnt because after i did that, that red logo thing stopped showing anymore and this time i got stucked in this reboot and select proper device and of course i also searched up on how to fix it like fix the boot order (which was already ok!!), check sata cables, clean sata cables, cmos reset, and every other fix i could find and non would work so rn i cant have my tech friend cos he's really busy and far away...
Ok so i just bought a new ssd and had it installed by my tech friend cos he knows more than me, after 2 days of use at first it was just the red logo thingy saying "CMOS settings is wrong" i think it was american something and i searched up on how to fix it then i did by loading optimized defaults in bios and it did or maybe it didnt because after i did that, that red logo thing stopped showing anymore and this time i got stucked in this reboot and select proper device and of course i also searched up on how to fix it like fix the boot order (which was already ok!!), check sata cables, clean sata cables, cmos reset, and every other fix i could find and non would work so rn i cant have my tech friend cos he's really busy and far away and im guessing this a cmos battery problem?? idk im not really that good i only know a few stuff abt computer so pls help me thanks!!
It's possible that disk is not bootable any more, try to reinstall OS.

Solution

goofy001

Commendable
Jun 18, 2020
It's enough that boot sector in disk gets scrambled for it to refuse to boot. Mybe disk developed a fault or something like that.
sir i just did why you told me, I tried reinstalling it but it still shows it like my win10 bootable drive can be read from the bios and when i set it to 1st boot it still shows "reboot and select proper device" what could be the problem?

TRENDING THREADS