Question reboot and select proper boot device weird situation

PANTSIRdz

Prominent
Jan 21, 2020
reboot and select proper boot device weird situation ........ hello everyone so this is the problem i am facing ... befor few years i had an old hdd(samsung) 1TB with windows 8.1 installed on it and not a long a go i added new hdd(Seagate) 1TB with fresh windows 10 i kept both of the drives and when ever i turn on my pc it let choose which OS i want to use . everything run smoothly till i decide to take off my old hdd cause it started to be loud and i am not using it at all but when i did that i cant start my windows 10 and keep asking me to reboot and select proper boot device ( i am using b350 mortar motherboard with ryzen 1600 ) i tried to set up a proper boot on the bios but it didnt work ( i am using uefi + lagacy mode and both of my hdd on GBT partitions+ win10 on uefi mode ) i tried few tricks from youtube but nothing worked and that situation really pissed me off cause now i cant use my pc without that old loud hdd which just sitting there and torture my ears ( so i am not sure where is the problem if in the bios or somewhere else ) plz any suggestion to help my situation ?

wong93

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2012
reboot and select proper boot device weird situation ........ hello everyone so this is the problem i am facing ... befor few years i had an old hdd(samsung) 1TB with windows 8.1 installed on it and not a long a go i added new hdd(Seagate) 1TB with fresh windows 10 i kept both of the drives and when ever i turn on my pc it let choose which OS i want to use . everything run smoothly till i decide to take off my old hdd cause it started to be loud and i am not using it at all but when i did that i cant start my windows 10 and keep asking me to reboot and select proper boot device ( i am using b350 mortar motherboard with ryzen 1600 ) i tried to set up a proper boot on the bios but it didnt work ( i am using uefi + lagacy mode and both of my hdd on GBT partitions+ win10 on uefi mode ) i tried few tricks from youtube but nothing worked and that situation really pissed me off cause now i cant use my pc without that old loud hdd which just sitting there and torture my ears ( so i am not sure where is the problem if in the bios or somewhere else ) plz any suggestion to help my situation ?

Try take off old HDD, reset BIOS to default and see how it goes