Reboot and select proper boot device

hemmagjord

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014
hello, when I used my computer for a while it started to lag and suddenly stopped to work. I waited patiantly and didn´t do anything on the computer for 20 minutes, because I thought that it would load faster. But after around 30 minutes i decided to turn off the power. When I tried to restart my computer a text on my screen pooped out and said " Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key". I searched on the internet for answers and I tried different methodes but none of the helped. What should I do?

Solution
Could be the hard drive, boot sequence or just OS problems.
Do you have disk partition?

Can you go to UEFI bios? Do you have the Windows installer (let say CD rom). If you are willing to Fresh install or repair your OS, you may wanna try this:
1) Go into BIOS
2) Look for Boot Option. Look at the list, like boot priority then change the order so the CD drive should be in the first in the list.
3) Try to boot in the CD, you may format hdd for fresh install or try repair.

Just something to start to sort out some possible causes.

runswindows95

Distinguished
It sounds like your hard drive has failed. To test this theory, use another PC to download a Linux Live CD, such as Ubuntu (I prefer Xubuntu because the interface is simple and clean: http://http://xubuntu.org/). Boot off the Linux CD or USB drive (There's a guide on the site to make it a bootable USB Drive). If Linux loads, most likely the hard drive went.

Abmario

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014
Could be the hard drive, boot sequence or just OS problems.
Do you have disk partition?

Can you go to UEFI bios? Do you have the Windows installer (let say CD rom). If you are willing to Fresh install or repair your OS, you may wanna try this:
1) Go into BIOS
2) Look for Boot Option. Look at the list, like boot priority then change the order so the CD drive should be in the first in the list.
3) Try to boot in the CD, you may format hdd for fresh install or try repair.

Just something to start to sort out some possible causes.

Solution