Question Reboot and select proper Boot Device

Ryallen

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2016
So, I've done everything I can think of to clone my HDD onto my new SSD. I've used a cloning software to clone everything onto it (in this case I used EaseUS Todo Backup Free 11.5), I've gone into the BIOS menu to choose the SSD as the first hard drive to be searched for the boot, and I've even tried to install Windows 10 onto my new hard drive. But it won't work, I keep getting the same text when I unplug my old hard drive and plug in my new one.

Lutfij

Titan
Firstly, you should've installed your OS from scratch, it'd just take all the hair pulling out of the equation. You should also ideally have all storage devices unplugged from the SATA ports except for the drive you want to install the OS to/on and the only USB drive connected to the system(apart from Keyboard+Mouse)is your USB installer made using Windows Media Creation Tools. What machine are you trying to install the OS on, a laptop or a desktop?

Ryallen

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2016
Firstly, you should've installed your OS from scratch, it'd just take all the hair pulling out of the equation. You should also ideally have all storage devices unplugged from the SATA ports except for the drive you want to install the OS to/on and the only USB drive connected to the system(apart from Keyboard+Mouse)is your USB installer made using Windows Media Creation Tools. What machine are you trying to install the OS on, a laptop or a desktop?
Desktop. I don't have any USB storage devices installed, but I have three hard drives plugged in: the one that my PC is running on, the one that I want to switch to, and my 1TB HDD for Steam. In order for the Media Tool to take effect when booting up my PC, would I just have the USB plugged in and have the .exe file on the USB drive, along with all of the hard drives except for the SSD unplugged?

Ryallen

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2016
So I've downloaded the Media Creation file, and I've tried to create the ISO file on another hard drive, but both of the hard drives, one around 8GB and another around 128GB, aren't working. Do I need a different drive? I don't know if there's another kind of drive that isn't a flash drive or a hard drive my 128GB drive might be.