Question "Reboot and Select proper Boot device..."

Jul 3, 2019
"Reboot and Select proper Boot device..."
is all I've seen for about 10 hours; I booted up the bios menu and it's saying "Boot option #1: PT2:" then lists off the HDD name, in the chipset says it's in APU SATA port0. I've tried boot override with the USB that has windows and nothing is changing the same black screen with "Reboot and Select proper Boot device..." there has been no prior OS on this build and I'm really stuck.

Mobo - Aorus motherboard pro wifi b450

there has been no prior OS on this build and I'm really stuck.
But you did install windows on this disk now right?
If yes tell us the steps you took.
Also in bios there is a list of HDDs that you are looking at but there is also a list of boot priority,like pxe,optical,external and so on if HDD is not selected there as an option then it will not try to start from any hdd, no matter the order.

Jul 3, 2019
But you did install windows on this disk now right?
If yes tell us the steps you took.
Also in bios there is a list of HDDs that you are looking at but there is also a list of boot priority,like pxe,optical,external and so on if HDD is not selected there as an option then it will not try to start from any hdd, no matter the order.
I installed it from the cd and uploaded it onto the USB; the format has been changed from FAT to NTFS then when it was done uploading it I plugged it into the motherboard after that I turned on the computer then the monitor and it gives me "reboot and select proper boot device" even when I select to boot from USB it doesn't work.

Jul 10, 2019
Are you just trying to boot off the hard drive? If so, try pressing F9 while the computer is booting. It should bring up a menu that lets you select which device you want to boot from. Choose your HDD as the boot device and it should work.

Sorry if that isn't at all what you were looking for. I'm just making sure you can actually boot from it.

Jul 3, 2019
Are you just trying to boot off the hard drive? If so, try pressing F9 while the computer is booting. It should bring up a menu that lets you select which device you want to boot from. Choose your HDD as the boot device and it should work.

Sorry if that isn't at all what you were looking for. I'm just making sure you can actually boot from it.
Nope, same error I dunno how I managed to get a faulty HDD, so I wonder what I am doing wrong.

I installed it from the cd and uploaded it onto the USB; the format has been changed from FAT to NTFS then when it was done uploading it I plugged it into the motherboard
What did you do here?
You have to install windows on the system the drive will remain.
What exactly do you mean by it was done uploading,if you just copied over the files either manually or with a program that isn't an installation and wouldn't work.
Keep the disk on the system it will stay in and start up with a proper installation medium.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-10-create-installation-media