[SOLVED] Reboot and select proper boot device.

thesub3001

Honorable
Dec 30, 2017
So, I've built a starting gaming pc for my girlfriend, nothing too much but a decent entry especially for the games she plays.
Specs:
350W fsp psu(used to power my pc back in the day for quite some time.)
Intel i3 4160
8gb ddr3 1600 mhz
GTX 750ti
AsRock h81m-vg4 r3.0.
Now for starters I am using a 160gb hdd until we get a boot drive ssd and storage hdd. Anyhow to the problem at hand. The PC usually starts correctly but if I turn off the psu, remove the psu cable from the power outlet or leave the PC turned off for a long period of time, I get that message. Turning it off from the button and starting again and everything boots completely flawlessly. I've checked boot order and it's okay. Any ideas?

Solution
sounds like the mobo battery might be drained. that is an old mobo.

start with replacing that battery. it's usually a 2032 battery when you head out to buy one. that's the first place i'd look based n past experience.

thesub3001

Honorable
Dec 30, 2017
A little update. Funnily enough I did buy a new battery but before I did the switch I just quickly tested the old one and it still had life yet. I put it back it and what do you know, the problem was gone as if it was holding some wrong information and that bios reset did fix the issue. So now I have a spare battery which I will probably still use instead of the old one and a fixed problem. Thanks for the help!

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
that little battery is pretty important. i've seen a dead one bring a whole network down when the time reset itself on the mobo. none of the certs synced up on the network and all access was denied.

may as well put the new one in since you have it. no reason to think the dying battery won't start causing problems again in the future.

Reactions: thesub3001

thesub3001

Honorable
Dec 30, 2017
that little battery is pretty important. i've seen a dead one bring a whole network down when the time reset itself on the mobo. none of the certs synced up on the network and all access was denied.

may as well put the new one in since you have it. no reason to think the dying battery won't start causing problems again in the future.
I've recently had a mobo on 775 socket for sale that I had no use of with a completely and fully dead battery so I used the new one on the PC I am talking about and reused the old one for that mobo, I did give a heads up that the battery doesn't have much life left in it but what he does is up to the new owner of that mobo. So yeah I used it in the mobo just so I am safe, you never know with batteries.