[SOLVED] "Reboot and select proper boot device" ?

Apr 15, 2022
I had a power cut a few nights ago and my pc turned off, when I turned it back on I got a “Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected device and press a key” error.

In BIOS I’ve changed the boot sequence, I’ve unplugged all my USBs, Ive changed the CMOS battery but I’m still getting this error whenever I turn on my PC.

Ive had this error a few times before but I’ve just changed the boot devices and unplugged all my USBs which seemed to fix it, but not this time.

Anyone know what’s still causing this error? Thanks

Solution
It might be that boot mode was changed in BIOS. If your OS was installed using UEFI mode, it won’t boot in Legacy(CSM) mode and vice versa.
Filesystem failure may be the cause too: you may check the drive partitions with chkdsk using a bootable drive made elsewhere

dbashlak

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2013
geexfix.com
It might be that boot mode was changed in BIOS. If your OS was installed using UEFI mode, it won’t boot in Legacy(CSM) mode and vice versa.
Filesystem failure may be the cause too: you may check the drive partitions with chkdsk using a bootable drive made elsewhere

Solution