SmokinBarrel

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2005
When I reboot my system, the computer locks up. For some reason, it stops just before counting the memory on reboot. I keep turning off, and restarting the computer until it finally clears, and proceeds to my desktop (about 2 - 10x). Any idea what this could be? hardware or software issue? Should I try running a mem test? I know the memory is good, because Corsair sent me a second set...the first set was bad.

SmokinBarrel

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2005
My specs...I'm not overclocking: Athlon64 3200+ Winchester / ATI x800XL Graphics Card / (Raptor 34G HDD Primary)(Raptor 74G HDD Hope to be Secondary - Possibly Corrupt) / 19" Hyndai LCD (8 ms) / MSI Neo4 Plat Ultra4 Chipst SLI/ Win XP Prof / 1 G Ram 2.5-3-3 Corsair DDR400 / NEC DVD/CD dual layer read/write /

sturm

Splendid
Try turning down the hyper-transport multiplier to 4 if its set at 5. I had to do this on my neo2 platinum and it runs fine at 4 but doesnt want to boot at 5. Says that bios has been set to safe mode due to overclocking even though nothing is overclocked.
I have the same cpu as yours.

SmokinBarrel

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2005
Anyone know where I access the Hyper-Transport Multiplier? Is it within the BIOS? If so, which section? My system is currently locked, doesn't want to start the memory count at start-up....it stops when it gets to this point.

sturm

Splendid
It should be in the manual. I dont have that same board but I do have the neo2 platinum. Look under the cell menu off the main screen. I think you have to use the page-up/page-down keys instead of hitting enter then selecting.