Question Rebooting the computer directly takes to login screen

Aug 7, 2019
Hey everyone. I don't get to see the initial bios screen or windows logo when I reboot the machine however after a gap of say like 20 seconds, I can see the login screen . Any idea?? I don't remember making any changes to windows 10 hardware or software wise. And if I start the machine from scratch I can see the bios screen and everything like how it should preview. If I try to reset the pc , I don't get to see any screen after going through the initial process of pc reset . Any suggestions??

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
It sounds like you have Fast Startup enabled. Disable it.

It's also unclear to me whether you're talking about using Restart or not. It's often very difficult to get into UEFI/BIOS when using Restart. I always do a full shut down, with Fast Startup disabled, and then power on again if I want to get into UEFI/BIOS.

Aug 7, 2019
It sounds like you have Fast Startup enabled. Disable it.

It's also unclear to me whether you're talking about using Restart or not. It's often very difficult to get into UEFI/BIOS when using Restart. I always do a full shut down, with Fast Startup disabled, and then power on again if I want to get into UEFI/BIOS.
Nah , turning fastboot off didn't help. I meant if I restart the machine I don't get to see initial startup screen and I can feel a slight delay in boot time as well