[SOLVED] Rebooting...

Big_g1976

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
I need to format and start over with a fresh copy of Windows 10. What free software will wipe that drive? I ran into the problem that it would not connect to the internet. Then more problems boiled to the surface. Probably best to start over. Will a virus stay imbedded in an old SSD or HDD?

Solution
I need to format and start over with a fresh copy of Windows 10. What free software will wipe that drive? I ran into the problem that it would not connect to the internet. Then more problems boiled to the surface. Probably best to start over. Will a virus stay imbedded in an old SSD or HDD?
You delete all the existing partitions during the install process.

Read through this a couple of times:

USAFRet

Titan
You delete all the existing partitions during the install process.

Read through this a couple of times:

Reactions: Big_g1976
Solution

Big_g1976

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
Thank you USAFRet, Can the drive be formatted and then ran off of an image of my currently running up to date computer? Or even wipe it then put the file you shared on the SSD i'll use as a boot drive?

Big_g1976

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
Like using an Acronis image of a current running system. I think that is how I originally got this PC going. My plan is to reboot from scratch but the Pc was acting weird before it crashed. Not sure what to expect here.