[SOLVED] Rebuild Help!

Sep 11, 2020
I just rebuilt my pc with a GEFORCE GTX 1600 gpu and a AMD Ryzen 7 3700X cpu, and a new fan that came with the cpu. i lost all power to my pc after the rebuild.

Solution
my brother helped me build it. i know nothing about them. my mobo is an ASROCK A320-HDV
Then he should be the one here posting these questions. It's impossible to help somebody with no knowledge fix a problem with hardware they know nothing about. It's minutely more possible to help somebody with minimal knowledge solve a problem on a system that they, hopefully, at least know SOMETHING about.

And that graphics card should be fully compatible with your board, as should the CPU, IF you had the correct BIOS version installed. If you have an older CPU that DOES work with it, I'd suggest that you go back to that CPU, and get the BIOS updated to the latest version, and then the newer CPU should work fine. I would recommend that you...
Sep 11, 2020
Was this mobo working before you guys installed the Ryzen 73 3700X?

Did you or your brother updated the A320-HDV BIOS before installing the Ryzen 7 3700X?
the motherboard was working before, yes. we should’ve researched it better before but figured it was worth a try. after checking, the mobo isn’t compatible with the graphics card or cpu. i tried putting in my old graphics card and cpu but still no power.

the motherboard was working before, yes. we should’ve researched it better before but figured it was worth a try. after checking, the mobo isn’t compatible with the graphics card or cpu. i tried putting in my old graphics card and cpu but still no power.

I do not know where did you get this info but it sucks, the mobo is compatible with Ryzen 3xxx cpus after you do the proper BIOS update:

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/A320M-HDV/index.asp#CPU

And the GPU should also work without issues.

What could be wrong here is the PSU or how ou guys attached the power cables to the diferent components.

Without a full system specs list (brand and model of all parts) is really hard to go any further.

Sep 11, 2020
+ a 3700X? Unless is the R4.0 model its not going to work. It should clearly say this on the box.

As for "losing all power" did you plug everything i
+ a 3700X? Unless is the R4.0 model its not going to work. It should clearly say this on the box.

As for "losing all power" did you plug everything in correctly? Maybe some pics of the build would help.
n correctly? Maybe some pics of the build would help.

As for "losing all power" did you plug everything in correctly? Maybe some pics of the build would help.
I do not know where did you get this info but it sucks, the mobo is compatible with Ryzen 3xxx cpus after you do the proper BIOS update:

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/A320M-HDV/index.asp#CPU

And the GPU should also work without issues.

What could be wrong here is the PSU or how ou guys attached the power cables to the diferent components.

Without a full system specs list (brand and model of all parts) is really hard to go any further.
could it be my PSU isn’t strong enough?

my brother helped me build it. i know nothing about them. my mobo is an ASROCK A320-HDV
Then he should be the one here posting these questions. It's impossible to help somebody with no knowledge fix a problem with hardware they know nothing about. It's minutely more possible to help somebody with minimal knowledge solve a problem on a system that they, hopefully, at least know SOMETHING about.

And that graphics card should be fully compatible with your board, as should the CPU, IF you had the correct BIOS version installed. If you have an older CPU that DOES work with it, I'd suggest that you go back to that CPU, and get the BIOS updated to the latest version, and then the newer CPU should work fine. I would recommend that you not do this, but instead get somebody to help out who is familiar with doing this.

Reactions: Rogue Leader
Solution
Sep 11, 2020

And that graphics card should be fully compatible with your board, as should the CPU, IF you had the correct BIOS version installed. If you have an older CPU that DOES work with it, I'd suggest that you go back to that CPU, and get the BIOS updated to the latest version, and then the newer CPU should work fine. I would recommend that you not do this, but instead get somebody to help out who is familiar with doing this.
appreciate it