[SOLVED] Rebuild no display output

Marcusktm9

Prominent
May 2, 2020
I have recently watercooled my pc, but it won’t display anything. If i have all 3 PCI power plugs in, it dosen’t power on peripherals and no “HD working” LED on the power button.

On the other hand, if I unplug 1 or more of the PCI(GPU) power cables, it gives power to peripherals, and the “HD working” icon blinks, indicating that it is indeed working, and probably booted. But ofc, no image since GPU doesn’t turn on when all power cables aren’t connected.

My P.C. worked fine before the rebuild.

Since I’m using a PCIE 3.0 riser, and I didn’t disable PCIE 4.0 in the bios when I rebuild, could it be that?

Video of each scenario attached. (Plugged out the power in the PSU for ease)

Any solutions? I would prefer to do the options that don’t involve tearing it down first, as it would be a huge hassle with the water cooling.

Specs
5800x
3080 suprim X
Corsair TX850M
X570 Aorus elite

View: https://imgur.com/a/qfPTOdF

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I have recently watercooled my pc, but it won’t display anything. If i have all 3 PCI power plugs in, it dosen’t power on peripherals and no “HD working” LED on the power button.

On the other hand, if I unplug 1 or more of the PCI(GPU) power cables, it gives power to peripherals, and the “HD working” icon blinks, indicating that it is indeed working, and probably booted. But ofc, no image since GPU doesn’t turn on when all power cables aren’t connected.

My P.C. worked fine before the rebuild.

Since I’m using a PCIE 3.0 riser, and I didn’t disable PCIE 4.0 in the bios when I rebuild, could it be that?

Video of each scenario attached. (Plugged out the power in the PSU for ease)

Any solutions? I would prefer to do the options that don’t involve tearing it down first, as it would be a huge hassle with the water cooling.

Specs
5800x
3080 suprim X
Corsair TX850M
X570 Aorus elite

View: https://imgur.com/a/qfPTOdF
If you added the riser cable when you rebuilt that would be the first thing I would be thinking about.