Rebuild with new Mobo after mobo issue.. NO signal to Monitor - 7Hour+ Troubleshoot to No Avail

Tony Burton

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013
I recently had a mishap putting in a old case fan into my build, long story short plugged in incorrectly and as far as I know shorted out my motherboard,

full story here: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3848675/installed-case-fan-computer-attached-molex-3pin-mobo-start.html

After trying everything I purchased a new MOBO (same model) and rebuilt.
I am unable to get any signal to any monitor.
I have tried every step in:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Besides #17 'installing a system speaker' i have one on the way, but assuming the time of year it will be a while

Tried removing my graphics card and running off integrated graphics.

Tried Booting without SSD's attached.

Tried Booting with just power to mobo and CPU

Tried Booting motherboard outside of case

Tried Booting using 0/1/2 RAM sticks in the specified 1st and Second Ram slots.

Tried booting and connecting with HDMI/DVI/VGA connections via graphics card and/or integrated graphics.

Cleaned all RAM Sockets/PCI-E sockets / RAM sticks and GPU.

Reset the CMOS battery.

Switched to a 60hz monitor instead of my 144hz. Also tried a 3rd monitor that has a different resolution all with every available connection.

Reseated CPU / CPU COOLER

ENTIRELY REBUILT from scratch. Including new Thermal Paste (smaller amount) and verified there is no bent pins where the cpu sits or any Thermal Paste anywhere on the motherboard or anywhere it shouldn't be.

Tried roommates PSU with many of the steps above.

ALL TO NO DISPLAY

**NO EZ DEBUG LIGHTS ARE STAYING LIT UP AFTER THE BOOT PROCESS ON MY MOTHERBOARD**

Going on 7 hours straight of Troubleshooting and I'm out of ideas.

I may also add that sitting idle it sounds exactly as it should as if I were to boot it and leave it on the desktop. To my eye and ear it appears there is literally nothing wrong besides no signal to the monitor I am 100% stumped.
-------------
My Build:
Motherboard: MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS CFX ATX
CPU: Intel i5-8600 Coffee Lake
CPU Liquid Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H60
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 8GB x2
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 1060 8gb
Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-Omega
PSU: Corsair GS600
---------------