Rebuilding a keyboard

fatninja32

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
Hello all, my friend has given me what remains of a dragon war go-002 azerty keyboard and I need a little help, the pub that was inside the keyboard is well, not there anymore so I wanted to know if there was anyway that I could find another pcb and use that to replace it, any thoughts ?

Solution
Depends if the pcb is removable and replaceable.

Does it appear that the previous pcb was connected into place versus soldered and glued? Any connector plugs or even cut wires? Small screw holes....

You could google words such as "parts repair dragon war go-002" and see if any links turn up. Might find a video or two. If not for your model directly but for another similar model that may have the same internal components.

You might find the same keyboard at a Goodwill store, pawn shop, or some similar store. Or perhaps at a yard sale. Maybe a local computer business might have some used keyboards for sale. Or you might find one on ebay. Something cosmetically damaged but otherwise functioning.

If obtaining a replacement...

Ralston18

Titan
Depends if the pcb is removable and replaceable.

Does it appear that the previous pcb was connected into place versus soldered and glued? Any connector plugs or even cut wires? Small screw holes....

You could google words such as "parts repair dragon war go-002" and see if any links turn up. Might find a video or two. If not for your model directly but for another similar model that may have the same internal components.

You might find the same keyboard at a Goodwill store, pawn shop, or some similar store. Or perhaps at a yard sale. Maybe a local computer business might have some used keyboards for sale. Or you might find one on ebay. Something cosmetically damaged but otherwise functioning.

If obtaining a replacement pcb is within the "budget" of trying then give it a go. Just figure that any expense could be lost money if the repair becomes impossible or fails for some reason.

Solution