[SOLVED] Rebuilding an older system. Performance Issues. **SOLVED**

Dec 13, 2018
OK, first off, I'm new to the community here. I'm not an expert by any means, just an ambitious guy looking to build a decent pc. My brother recently gave me an old gaming computer. He said it stopped working and just stored it. I got it home and cleaned it up, and finally got it to post. I discovered that the 12v connector on the motherboard was bad, or loose.
I ordered a used MSI A88X-G43 ATX Motherboard.
It has an AMD X2 340 3.2ghz processor currently.
I also have an MSI GeForce GT 1030 2GB Graphics Card.
Kingston hyper x 2133 mhz ram (4gb X 4)
500 watt coolermaster power supply, and a seagate 1TB hybrid hard drive.
Raidmax ATX case
Windows 10 pro 64 bit

It boots almost instantly, something like bios to login screen in a minute. Now I know it's not the latest and greatest mobo/cpu setup, but it's slower than my hp envy all in one that has an intel i5 2.9ghz dual core, and 16 gb of ram. According to what I see in task manager it bottlenecks at the CPU. anytime I open a program or app the CPU is operating at 100%. I have a AMD X4 880k on the way.

Sorry for the long story, but as I consider myself a novice I wanted to make sure I conveyed the whole story. Will the Quad core X4 wake this thing up? Or, Have I overlooked something.

Solution
Once again thank you for your time. Just a quick last update. I resolved the issue,but first, put on your seat belt.

I was chatting with a guy on a facebook page, (AMD Builders) and he asked what my motherboard was. I told him the model and I can only assume he looked into it. He asked me if I had updated the BIOS. I said I had, because in the beginning I downloaded the latest version which was suppose to update through windows. I boot to bios and it says I only have version 3.2, sigh, It should be 3.12. I can't believe I missed checking to see if it was actually updated.

Thank you
Bear Gibson
Dec 13, 2018
The CPU, and both cores as well. That is to say I used a taskbar app to show CPU usage and it shows both cores being taxed to 100%. Then the computer would slow up and sometimes freeze briefly.

Need to wait to the replacement CPU and see if it makes a difference.

Dec 13, 2018
Since the new processor I've been getting BSOD's and freezes. I have checked the new CPU for bent pins. Dissassembled and reassembled the whole pc. Re checked all connections. Tried a different video card. I've tested all the ram. Tried running only individual sticks of ram. I am at a loss here. When it works it's plenty fast.

Have you reinstalled the OS?

Dec 13, 2018
Once again thank you for your time. Just a quick last update. I resolved the issue,but first, put on your seat belt.

I was chatting with a guy on a facebook page, (AMD Builders) and he asked what my motherboard was. I told him the model and I can only assume he looked into it. He asked me if I had updated the BIOS. I said I had, because in the beginning I downloaded the latest version which was suppose to update through windows. I boot to bios and it says I only have version 3.2, sigh, It should be 3.12. I can't believe I missed checking to see if it was actually updated.

Thank you
Bear Gibson

Solution