Rebuilding HP Pavilion dv7-4285dx

agauto

Commendable
Nov 24, 2016
I was given an HP Pavilion dv7-4285dx. It has no hard drive. I would have to buy a drive and install Windows. I am not knowledgeable in computer building. I took it to a computer repair shop and had it priced at around $350 to get it up and running Is this even worth spending money to do this? Any advice on doing it myself?

Solution
well depends on your os choice. you can pick up a cheap hard drive for it for $40 area easy. diy should be under $150, could be cheaper depending on actually hard drive and os choice.

skill to install depends on the laptop. is there a access panel on the bottom of the laptop that can be removed (you would see the seam with screws holding it on/or a small latch to release it) or does it look like the bot is one solid piece no seams. usually it is still not to hard to install a hard drive even if you have to pull the whole bottom panel off but usually there is a small access door for the ram/hdd on the bot.
well depends on your os choice. you can pick up a cheap hard drive for it for $40 area easy. diy should be under $150, could be cheaper depending on actually hard drive and os choice.

skill to install depends on the laptop. is there a access panel on the bottom of the laptop that can be removed (you would see the seam with screws holding it on/or a small latch to release it) or does it look like the bot is one solid piece no seams. usually it is still not to hard to install a hard drive even if you have to pull the whole bottom panel off but usually there is a small access door for the ram/hdd on the bot.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS