Rebuilding System A8N-SLI

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Hi Yall,
I have been posting here for a while, in regard to an Asus A8N-SLI deluxe
board with:
Nvidia 6800GT Video (2) SLI
1.2 Terrabyt storage in 4 drives 2 IDE (Boot Drive) 2 SATA Single, no RAID
AMD Winchester 3000+ 64
Creative Audigy 4
2048 Corsair RAM
2 Optical drives,(DVD,1 Writer)
Pimps lights and whistles
Enermax 600 W PSU

My question,
I am now putting in an AMD FX 55 CPU. What is your opinion on reinstalling
Windows XP (SP2) and how should I go about configuring it?
I had so many problems with the computer until now installing and
reinstalling hard drives and graphic cards, that I would like to avoid as
many problems as possible.
I thought I would install 1 graphic card to start, and maybe leave the
Audigy out until it is stable, and then install the 2nd graphic card and the
sound card when it is up and runnng. Let me say, I have already tried
putting both graphic cards in at the same time, and evidently Windows XP had
issues with 2 graphic cards installed simultaniously. I troubleshot for at
least 3 days with that instal. Is that also a problem on a fresh install? I
was REAL careful about removing drivers and progams for the previous ATI
graphic card. All suggestions are appreciated.

Dave
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Let me add, I will be installing the DVD ROM and Writer drives as Y and Z.
That's so they don't end up between the SATA and IDE drives on the system,
and will remain in a set location for program installations.

"Dave McCaleb" <boelander@t-online.de> wrote in message
news:d1t2ak$656$04$1@news.t-online.com...
> Hi Yall,
> I have been posting here for a while, in regard to an Asus A8N-SLI deluxe
> board with:
> Nvidia 6800GT Video (2) SLI
> 1.2 Terrabyt storage in 4 drives 2 IDE (1 as Boot Drive), 2 SATA Single,
> no RAID
> AMD Winchester 3000+ 64
> Creative Audigy 4
> 2048 Corsair RAM
> 2 Optical drives,(DVD,1 Writer)
> Pimps lights and whistles
> Enermax 600 W PSU
>
> My question,
> I am now putting in an AMD FX 55 CPU. What is your opinion on reinstalling
> Windows XP (SP2) and how should I go about configuring it?
> I had so many problems with the computer until now installing and
> reinstalling hard drives and graphic cards, that I would like to avoid as
> many problems as possible.
> I thought I would install 1 graphic card to start, and maybe leave the
> Audigy out until it is stable, and then install the 2nd graphic card and
> the sound card when it is up and runnng. Let me say, I have already tried
> putting both graphic cards in at the same time, and evidently Windows XP
> had issues with 2 graphic cards installed simultaniously. I troubleshot
> for at least 3 days with that instal. Is that also a problem on a fresh
> install? I was REAL careful about removing drivers and progams for the
> previous ATI graphic card. All suggestions are appreciated.
>
> Dave
>
 

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
1,590
0
19,780
0
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

I just have one advice: Put as few components in when installing it and add
one after another.
I have a A8NSLI and it is rock solid.
I´m using the 1007.003 beta bios and this is the best I know.

Frank
 

Zorglub38

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2004
12
0
18,510
0
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Hi,

Frank a écrit :
> I just have one advice: Put as few components in when installing it and add
> one after another.
> I have a A8NSLI and it is rock solid.
> I´m using the 1007.003 beta bios and this is the best I know.
>
> Frank
>
>

Where have u got beta bios 1007.003. On asus site, there is only 1007.002 !

ZOrglub38
 

Zorglub38

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2004
12
0
18,510
0
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Hi,

Frank a écrit :
> I just have one advice: Put as few components in when installing it and add
> one after another.
> I have a A8NSLI and it is rock solid.
> I´m using the 1007.003 beta bios and this is the best I know.
>
> Frank
>
>

Where have u got beta bios 1007.003. On asus site, there is only 1007.002 !

ZOrglub38
 

Zorglub38

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2004
12
0
18,510
0
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

i,

Frank a écrit :
> I just have one advice: Put as few components in when installing it and add
> one after another.
> I have a A8NSLI and it is rock solid.
> I´m using the 1007.003 beta bios and this is the best I know.
>
> Frank
>
>

Where have u got beta bios 1007.003. On asus site, there is only 1007.002 !

ZOrglub38
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

BTW where are you from ?
Vienne, Grenoble, Bourg d'Oisans ?


"Zorglub38" <"zorglub[NOSPAM]"@hotmail[SPAMOFF].com> a écrit dans le message
news: 42432133$0$825$8fcfb975@news.wanadoo.fr...
> Hi,
>
> Frank a écrit :
> > I just have one advice: Put as few components in when installing it and
add
> > one after another.
> > I have a A8NSLI and it is rock solid.
> > I´m using the 1007.003 beta bios and this is the best I know.
> >
> > Frank
> >
> >
>
> Where have u got beta bios 1007.003. On asus site, there is only 1007.002
!
>
> ZOrglub38
 

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
1,590
0
19,780
0
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

>
> Where have u got beta bios 1007.003. On asus site, there is only 1007.002
> !
>
> ZOrglub38

ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Socket_939/NVIDIA_Chipset/nForce4_SLI/A8N-SLI_Deluxe/

Frank
 

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
1,590
0
19,780
0
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

>
> Where have u got beta bios 1007.003. On asus site, there is only 1007.002
> !
>
> ZOrglub38

ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Socket_939/NVIDIA_Chipset/nForce4_SLI/A8N-SLI_Deluxe/
 

Similar threads


ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS