Rebuilt my computer and it's only reading my SSD?

farstruck

Reputable
Feb 5, 2015
So I have both a hard drive and an SSD, but only the SSD is showing up under my "computer" tab, but in my BIOS it's showing that the hard drive is showing up. Is there something that I'm missing?

Edit: under my disk management it's showing up as-
"Disk 1
Basic
931.51 GB
Online"
and just to the right of that it says-
"931.51 GB
Unallocated"

Solution
on the hard drive did you format or fdisk it before you install it in the new pc. when you installed the ssd and installed windows did you delete any partion. ?? make sure the drive on the intel sata port and it set to achi or ide not raid.
on the hard drive did you format or fdisk it before you install it in the new pc. when you installed the ssd and installed windows did you delete any partion. ?? make sure the drive on the intel sata port and it set to achi or ide not raid.

Solution

farstruck

Reputable
Feb 5, 2015

I got it all figured out finally. I can't remember exactly what I did, but something in the properties of it had let me assign it to a drive letter. Pretty much the hard drive was being read, but it was idle and didn't have a name so it wasn't being used essentially. Once I assigned it to a drive then it was picked up by windows or whatever. Thanks for the help though! I really appreciate it!