[SOLVED] Rebuilt old Rig

Mar 31, 2019
Hi all,

I built a rig back in 2009 sold it to a mate 7 Years ago Last year he said it was dead and was going to throw it out I said I’ll have it!!!!!

Fixed the problem(solid state with corrupted windows)

Anyway the specs
Intel quad core duo q6700 2.6ghz
Asus p5k3 delux
GeForce 750ti
4x1 Gb DDR3 ram

It has windows 7 running 64 bit, running a little slow but I think because it’s off an old sata drive. Was thinking of putting windows 10 64bit on a solid state.

My question is where will this be having a bottleneck for any general use?

I would probably use it just for surfing the web and playing age of empires 2 best game of all time!!

I overclocked the cpu to run at 3.1 ghz with minimal heat rise but put it back to factory settings as I couldn’t really tell if it made a difference.

My question is should I buy say 8gig DDR3 to 1333mhz? How do I know if the ram is performing correctly and components meshing nice? I have downloaded a few good programs to monitor and looked at bios but any further advice I would appreciate.

Really enjoying learning about all this stuff.

Thanks to everyone

You could buy a q9650 for about $20, it is overclockacble to about 4.0. You can get 2x4 DDR3 1333 1024MB for another $20 and you should be good to go for surfing the web and playing age of empires (before they ruined it). Also go to the support page for your motherboard and update the bios and drivers for your motherboard. https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/P5K3_DeluxeWiFiAP/HelpDesk_QVL/

Solution